I’ve been a freelance writer for decades. After losing four family members in 2007 the focus of my writing changed and I began to write about loss, grief, and grief recovery. I also give talks that expand the information in my books. Last week I spoke to Elder Network volunteers in my community. It was a small group, a dozen volunteers gathered around a table.

Rather than relying on the IRS’ timetable for mailing out the tax forms you require, you’re only relying on your own schedule. If you want to start the procedure after your work day is finished, it isn’t a difficulty.

Take care of your community. Regardless of your profession, you have a skill that can help someone less fortunate. Give back to those who need your help. If you are an accountant, consider volunteering with an organization that provides free CPA services to those in need. If you are a carpenter, work with an organization like Rebuilding Together, which offers free home improvement services to the elderly, and those with disabilities. In addition, volunteering is also a great way to fill gaps in your employment on your resume during periods of unemployment, and will keep your skills sharp.

Fatigue may have contributed to my tears. The week was packed with appointments, Tax preparations, family and social events. I also had two books in production and my mind was crammed with detail work–proofreading, submitting corrections, and checking references.

Tax attorneys have chosen to specialize in tax law. They usually have their juris doctor degree and a master of laws degree in taxations. They are great for handling your complex legal matters, such as estate tax returns.

It may seem strange to think about putting the problem you solve on your business card, but like any other type of effective marketing, the top 3-5 problems you solve for people is what pulls people toward you. I’ll confess I break all the rules for business cards so those little biz card scanners tend to get all confused if you try to scan my card in.

Refunds will not be sent if taxpayers owe money for previous years. Also, the refund will be applied to any amounts still owed to the IRS and may be used to satisfy unpaid child support or past due federal debts such as student loans./